Action Plan Introduction
The Government launched the Hong Kong Viral Hepatitis Action Plan 2020 – 2024 on October 8, 2020.
- The first blueprint in Hong Kong to cope with viral hepatitis
- To set out an overall strategy and specific action plan for Hong Kong to drive the progress in eliminating hepatitis
- A key milestone towards significantly reducing the burden of chronic hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- With the ultimate vision to render Hong Kong free of chronic viral hepatitis
The Action Plan formulates priority actions for four strategic axes.
Through the implementation of various actions in the Action Plan, Hong Kong commits to achieving the goal outlined by the World Health Organization (WHO) by 2030:
- 90% infected people diagnosed
- 80% eligible patients treated
- 90% reduction in number of new cases of chronic hepatitis B and C
- 65% reduction in number of deaths from hepatitis B and C
- (*As compared with baseline number in 2015)
Please click on the links below for more details and related information :