Data are collected from three sources - (i) the notification system, (ii) analysis of published papers from local authorities, and (iii) seroprevalence studies from various sources. Sources of seroprevalence studies include,
- Cancer Crusade Angels Service Society of Hong Kong,
- Department of Medicine of the University of Hong Kong,
- Department of Medicine of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, iv.Virus Unit of the Department of Health,
- Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service,
- Family Planning Association of Hong Kong,
- University Health Services of the University of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, and various workers including Chan et al, Chin et al, Lai et al, Leung et al, Lee A, Lim et al, Lo et al, Lok et al, Marshall IB, Yeoh et al, etc. Data were collated to reach meaningful analysis of the seroprevalence of each form of viral hepatitis in the community.